AT A GLANCE
- Our assembly is made up of ordinary people from various walks of life who love God and who live their faith. We share a commitment to doing good in this world.
- Our ministry was established by a gathering of like-minded believers in 1992. We have endeavored to stay consistent with the fundamentals of the Christian faith as an independent, Baptist church throughout our history.
- Our desire is to expound and explore the wonderful truths of God's Word, to edify and encourage the saints, and to evangelize the world through the light and love of the gospel.
- Our invitation is simply this. Are you looking for a place to call home? Then do not hesitate to contact us or connect with us in one of our services. Come join us on our journey!
Our Goal and Purpose
- We believe the goal of ministry encompasses that which educates the mind, edifies the saints, and encourages the hearts of God’s people as we exercise our God-given, spiritual gifts. The two end results should be the unity of the body of Christ and the maturity of the believer.
- Our purpose shall be to maintain a church in the Baptist tradition in order to promote the worship of one, true and living God; to preach and teach the whole counsel of God in a firm belief that sinners will be saved and believers edified as a result; to observe the ordinances of the New Testament; to promote fellowship among those of like faith; and to establish other churches of the same faith and order throughout the world.
- We believe that worship should be dynamic, heartfelt, unfeigned, and free from unholy influences.
- We believe that discipleship involves clear and consistent teaching from the Bible and is the key to understanding Christian growth and maturity.
- We believe that the fellowship we enjoy is an outgrowth of shared values that are derived from the written Word of God. We can be united on the grounds of traditional, biblical values.
- We believe that evangelism is the mission of the local church at home and abroad.
In summary, the gospel message is that men have sinned, thereby offending a holy God who must judge sin (Romans 3:23; Hebrews 9:27); that God in His mercy sent Jesus Christ into the world to die on the cross as the substitute for sinful people (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21); and that those who believe in Jesus as their Savior receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life instead of eternal punishment (John 3:16-18; Romans 6:23). Without being callous to social needs, we believe that the only way to meet the deepest need of mankind is with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, compassionate interaction, and consistent instruction from the Word of God.
Pastor Kelley answered a divine call to preach in April of 1976. During that time, he was attending Bob Jones University in Greenville, SC. He met his wife, Teresa, while there, and they were married in June of 1979. After graduating with a bachelor's degree from the School of Religion in 1980, Pastor and Teresa started out in a ministry in youth and music at a church in Colorado. Over the years, God has blessed and directed, showing His faithfulness as Pastor "Grapes" moved from a youth emphasis to becoming a senior pastor. In 2007 Greg received a Master of Ministry degree from the Seminary of BJU. He has had the privilege of serving as the pastor of churches in Wyoming, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Texas throughout a 38-year history in ministry. Brother Kelley has spoken at camps, conferences and in special church meetings around the country.
Greg and Teresa Kelley have been at Faith Baptist since October of 2009. They have used their gifts and talents in ministry and music to reach the area around the city of Sachse [sack-sea]. The Kelleys have one adult son who lives in the northwestern United States. Pastor enjoys spending leisure time with his wife, photography, construction projects and golf.